Live and let live.
Monday, November 25th, 2013
9:00 am–1:00 pm.
Essex Inn, 800 S. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60610
Job Fair is FREE TO ALL ATTENDING.
Please bring a resume and dress appropriately.
Alderman Bob Fioretti, 2nd Ward and Essex Inn will be sponsoring a Job Fair to assist all Chicagoans in their search for employment.
For five hours long, five hours strong, Chicago listeners are entertained, captivated and inspired by the hip and charismatic personality of Loni Swain. In July 2009, Swain took over the midday timeslot at Chicago's heritage Hip-Hop and R&B station, WGCI-FM. With daily show features including Job Classifieds, Entertainment Reports and the Midday Mix with Dj 33 1/3 that is not-to-be-missed, its no wonder that the 9am-2pm hours fly by for the faithful weekday listeners. Loni Swain is a well-rounded talent that has remained laser-focused in her efforts to propel her successful media career forward.
Born in New Orleans, Swain began her radio career while studying Communications at the University of New Orleans. As the Production Manager's assistant at campus based WWNO Public Radio, Swain focused on the technical aspects of radio by producing and recording live classical music segments. After three months, she simultaneously began interning at Clear Channel Radio's WQUE-FM and was hired after only six months as a part-time on air personality. In recognition of her dedication and talent, she was offered the midday time slot on sister station “Rhythmic AC/KSTE 104.1 FM”. As “Halie Diaz”, Swain shocked 104.1 (KSTE-FM) during the day and continued to satisfy her loyal listeners as “Loni” on WQUE-FM in the overnight weeknight slot and weekends. With increased ratings she held the midday slot for six months, until the station format abruptly switched. Thereafter, Swain participated in “United Radio”, which kept listeners across the country abreast of post-Katrina progress in New Orleans and all it’s surrounding areas. As a part of this effort, she interviewed state and city officials, as well as countless disaster relief teams. That same year, Swain was invited to emcee at the nation’s most unparalleled musical celebration, the Essence Music Festival.
After receiving her Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree, Swain accepted the position as afternoon-drive Co-Host and Producer at Baltimore's WERQ-FM, during which time the afternoon drive show received its highest known ratings in the history of the station. From Baltimore, Swain was offered her own show at Saint Louis' WFUN-FM as the host of Loni's Love Lounge. Upon her arrival, Loni's Love Lounge boosted the time slot's ratings in the market, consistently maintaining, at minimum, top four rankings and becoming the highest rated show on the station. It’s apparent that Swain’s top priority in this industry is to become a household name. Given her proven track record of success, she is well on her way.
1. “R.G.” feat. Mystikal
2. “Million Dollar” feat. Detail and Future
3. “Tapout” feat. Lil Wayne, Birdman, Nicki Minaj, Mack Maine, and Future
4. “We Been On” feat. R. Kelly, Birdman, and Lil Wayne
5. “Dreams Come True” feat. Yo Gotti, Birdman, Mack Maine, and Ace Hood
6. “50 Plates” feat. Rick Ross
7. “Bigger Than Life” feat. Chris Brown, Tyga, Birdman, and Lil Wayne
8. “100 Favors” feat. Detail, Birdman, and Kendrick Lamar
9. “Everyday” feat. Cory Gunz, Birdman, Busta Rhymes, and Mystikal
10. “Burn The House” feat. Detail
11. “Panties To The Side” feat. French Montana, Bow Wow, Tyga, and Gudda Gudda
12. “Angel” feat. Birdman, Lil Wayne, Mystikal, Ace Hood, Jae Millz, Gudda Gudda, and Mack Maine
13. “Sunshine” feat. Limp Bizkit, Flo Rida, Birdman, and Caskey
14. “Paint Tha Town” feat. The Game, Birdman, and Lil Wayne
15. “Have It Your Way” feat. T.I., Birdman, and Lil Wayne
16. “Fly Rich” feat. Stevie J, Future, Tyga, Meek Mill, and Mystikal