Let yourself think empowering thoughts.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 22
2:00 PM -- 5:00 PM
HOUSE OF BLUES CHICAGO, 329 N DEARBORN ST, CHICAGO, IL 60654
POSITIONS: LINE COOKS, PREP COOKS, DISHWASHERS, SERVERS, HOST
11:00am - 2:00pm
Starbucks Coffee, 3520 Lake Ave, Wilmette, IL 60091
Positions: Baristas and Shift Supervisors
May 24, 2013
4:30 PM - 7:00 PM
U.S. Cellular Field, 333 W 35th St, Chicago, IL
(entrance at Gate 3)
Companies/teams (subject to change):
- Big Ten Network
- CBS Radio Chicago
- Chicago Bears
- Chicago Bliss
- Chicago Bulls (TBD based on playoff schedule)
- Chicago Fire
- Chicago Sky
- Chicago White Sox
- Schaumburg Boomers
- Silver Chalice
VISIT WWW.WHITESOX.COM/JOBFOR MORE INFORMATION!
Benefits of buying advanced tickets:
- early admission to the job fair beginning at 4:30pm
- resume forwarded to all participating companies/teams
- includes game ticket vs Miami Marlins
Your game ticket is your admission to the Career Fair.
For five hours long, five hours strong, Chicago listeners are entertained, captivated and inspired by the hip and charismatic personality of Loni Swain. In July 2009, Swain took over the midday timeslot at Chicago's heritage Hip-Hop and R&B station, WGCI-FM. With daily show features including Job Classifieds, Entertainment Reports and the Midday Mix with Dj 33 1/3 that is not-to-be-missed, its no wonder that the 9am-2pm hours fly by for the faithful weekday listeners. Loni Swain is a well-rounded talent that has remained laser-focused in her efforts to propel her successful media career forward.
Born in New Orleans, Swain began her radio career while studying Communications at the University of New Orleans. As the Production Manager's assistant at campus based WWNO Public Radio, Swain focused on the technical aspects of radio by producing and recording live classical music segments. After three months, she simultaneously began interning at Clear Channel Radio's WQUE-FM and was hired after only six months as a part-time on air personality. In recognition of her dedication and talent, she was offered the midday time slot on sister station “Rhythmic AC/KSTE 104.1 FM”. As “Halie Diaz”, Swain shocked 104.1 (KSTE-FM) during the day and continued to satisfy her loyal listeners as “Loni” on WQUE-FM in the overnight weeknight slot and weekends. With increased ratings she held the midday slot for six months, until the station format abruptly switched. Thereafter, Swain participated in “United Radio”, which kept listeners across the country abreast of post-Katrina progress in New Orleans and all it’s surrounding areas. As a part of this effort, she interviewed state and city officials, as well as countless disaster relief teams. That same year, Swain was invited to emcee at the nation’s most unparalleled musical celebration, the Essence Music Festival.
After receiving her Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree, Swain accepted the position as afternoon-drive Co-Host and Producer at Baltimore's WERQ-FM, during which time the afternoon drive show received its highest known ratings in the history of the station. From Baltimore, Swain was offered her own show at Saint Louis' WFUN-FM as the host of Loni's Love Lounge. Upon her arrival, Loni's Love Lounge boosted the time slot's ratings in the market, consistently maintaining, at minimum, top four rankings and becoming the highest rated show on the station. It’s apparent that Swain’s top priority in this industry is to become a household name. Given her proven track record of success, she is well on her way.
#1 - Back to basics: The Bomber jacket
#3 - Double the trouble: Sneaker boots
1) Facebook Pimpin’: I used to be painfully shy and shy as in, I’m afraid to date shy. So the internet became a point of power for me. When I found out that I could create a profile and hook up with whoever I wanted I cartwheeled internally. It also left me vulnerable so I would mistake an inbox message or compliment online as something serious. It’s embarrassing to admit that, but it happens. All some dudes need are a few PX90 photos and a few deep status updates and he’s money. Don’t let that be your door to relationship drama. Nothing beats in person interaction; you get to know a person without Instagram photo glam and internet facades.
2) A Walk Down Memory Lane: Remember the dude who couldn’t make up his mind and needed space? The one who wasn’t able to tell you that he wasn’t into you aka that he wanted to “taste another dish”? Well he will say anything for a second helping even when his intentions are to repeat the same pattern. He knows that you will see his temporary “awakening” as a sign that he REALLY cares, so he will lay on the lines, start to do all the things you wanted him to do months ago until BAM he gets back in. Is this a walk down memory lane necessary? Were you fine before he sauntered back in? Most likely yes, so keep it brief and continue on.
3) Pen Pals: I don’t knock all long distance relationships, but if you have no history together and all of a sudden he’s in “love” and hits you up every day because you have this “connection” that he can’t explain. Pen pals are schedule fillers but I’m convinced there is something more productive and exciting you can do with this idle time. Pen pals are men/women who make regular contact electronically but rarely follow up with in person visits. They seem like the perfect partner because they are far and electronically we can pretty much create perfect people. When you have in person contact with anyone – THAT is when s*it gets real. I want you to print this article out and highlight that last line if this is something you go through often. It’s not LEGIT until a consistent in-person relationship is formed.